Thursday, April 5, 2007

Robin Eggs



Let me just say, "my tummy hurts" from all the Robin Eggs I've been snacking on while working very hard at my desk today.

While shopping for Easter baskets for my grand daughters, I ran into one of my weaknesses yesterday - The Whopper Robin Eggs. Every year it's the same thing, "I must have them", "Blue is my favorite", "I'm gonna get sick", "I don't care - they're so good".

You'd think at 43 I'd know better.

At least I was responsible in my selection of Easter basket contents for the grand kids. NO CANDY - instead, they are getting tooth brushes, kid gardening gloves, fruit snacks, juice packs, stickers, Dora books and hair ribbons. Yikes - I don't think I'm gonna be the favorite Grandma. Oh well - I'm sure they will get plenty of candy over the next few days.

Update - Now I have the hick ups from all the sugar I just ate. Oh for crying out the window.

Until next time - Make it a great day.

5 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

You know...all that Easter candy will be on CLEARANCE next week! ;-)

Dixie said...

Hello!

I'm not even sure what your first name is. I only know you as Groovy Old Lady - but that works!

Thank you for checking out my site and for responding. You seem like a wonderful person.

And how true! The candy will be on sale next week - but I'm going to stay away from the Robin Eggs!

Make it a great Easter, and enjoy the family. I'll try to post some pictures next week of the kids in their Easter best!

Deena Peterson said...

Oh, I have a new phrase now...
"Oh, for cryin' out the window"...
Love It!

Dawn said...

I love those malt ball robin eggs, too! But I didn't get any this year. I need to lose LOTS of weight before my vacation next week. HA!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world!

I just come from Diane's blog and she put a little bug in our ear that her sister had started blogging. :-)

Mmmm, I absolutely love those Robin Eggs but didn't have any this year [I'm on a diet so my chocolate this year was some fat free/sugar free chocolate pudding. *lol*

Love,

Jennelle