Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blogger Birth

Oh My Gosh!

Today is my "birth day" as a blogger.

Mark the calendar, Wednesday, March 21st, 2007! The 1st Day of Spring and the birth of a new blogger. I guess we should thank my sister Diane, being she had to walk me through the set up. You will learn more about my sisters as I develop this site, but Diane (the oldest of five siblings) helped me through more than setting up this blog site, she helped walk me through life. Without her, I would not be who I am today.

Let's see if I can find a photo of her for all of you to see. I can probably find a photo, I just don't know how to post it - let's give it a try.

I did it! After 3 hours of trying to make it work, I end up with this photo. She's there - do you see her? Just to the left of the pole, laughing at me as I begin to get knocked around on the para sailing boat - just before take off!


And we're off! Can you hear the screaming?

Diane is in this photo also, see her - she's at the front of the boat with the camera up to her face?

She wears that camera like a charm bracelet!

It's always with her!






Okay - enough about Diane.

I also have a sister Doris Lynn (she goes by Lynn) - so if I cross over between the two names, you'll understand my confusion.

Oh my big sister Lynn...she had a wonderful time on our "Girls Weekend" in Marco Island, Florida earlier this month (check out Diane's blog for more details - her link should be on my blog home page). Having never been on a plane, seen the ocean, or located a conch shell with an actual animal living in it - I must say, it was a blast watching her see/experience these things for the first time.

I have evidence of her enjoying her time on Marco Island, or should I say above Marco Island.


That big white thumb in the lower right hand corner is ME - hanging on for dear life as I para sail one handed and take a picture with the other. OMG - do you see how high up we are?

Look behind my sister Lynn, you can see the curvature of the earth - we were up so high! Over 1750 feet to be exact. What a rush!

To see Lynn smile like this is amazing.

The beauty of Marco was breath taking. We left Minnesota at 7:30am on March 9th and 3 hours later, we found this! Isn't flight grand?!


I'm having way too much fun blogging, thanks Diane.

Until next time... make it a great day!

NBL - nothing but love

15 comments:

Diane Viere said...

O.K. lil sis! If you're gonna start posting pictures....you're in big trouble!

WELCOME to Bloggity-ville! I am so excited for all of my blogging friends to get to know you...you are my delight!

Looks like we're gonna have to do a little work on your template...the sidelink...ended up in the middle of the page. Hmmm!

WELCOME!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!!

I will be your official "Welcoming Lady" tomorrow on my blog! And tomorrows lesson will be anything, but how to upload photos!

:) Love, Diane

Diane Viere said...

OMG! I'm ROFL! WTG! Lil Sis!

BTW--I heart you!

Diane

Dawn said...

I will welcome you as your big sister, Diane, welcomed me back in June. It's because of her and my daughter, Kristen, that I am a blogger - it is a fun club, for sure. WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!

C. H. Green said...

LOLOLOL...welcome Dixie!!! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I have the pleasure of having Dixie and Lynn as my aunts (my favorites of course!), and the most wonderful mommy in the world, Diane. I had such an awesome time in Florida with all of you!! I can't wait until next year. I am so blessed to have these three amazing women in my life who I can count on and who have always supported me. You guys are so great and I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Dixie - I love your blog...congratulations and happy blog birthday.

Luv Katie

groovyoldlady said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere, Dixie!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Welcome!! I stopped by from your sister's site ;)

Deena Peterson said...

Welcome to Bloggy-Land! I'm so glad to meet you! Your sister Diane directed me here, and I adore her, so I just know I'm going to love you as well...adding you to my list of blogs to read daily...

Deena

Ms. Kathleen said...

I love your blog. It is so springy and welcoming! I look forward to reading me and seeing more fabulous pictures! Your sister and I must have a lot in common. My hubby says my camera is just an extension of my arm! Ha!

Heather Smith said...

Hi, I just came over from Diane's site to welcome you to blogging world! Glad you're here! Looking forward to reading more about you!

Anonymous said...

good job dixie you will be as good at this as diane is. surely am proud of you the pic's of me you can delete that would be fine. good job my dear now i can visit you like i do diane love you much

Sista Cala said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. So happy to make your acquaintance.

I too wound up in this world by the urging of my sister. It is a lot of fun. Wish I had more time for it though.

Nadine said...

Diane encouraged bloggers to visit and so I'm here to say hi and welcome to the blogsphere. You did a really good job with your blog. I like it.

Vicki said...

Well, lookie here! I get to meet Diane's sister! Welcome, welcome! You're gonna LUV the blogosphere. Hope you make tons of friends and that God blesses your socks off.

Anonymous said...

Welcome, I am new to this also. Looks like you are doing fine.